Seeking Applicants for a full-time Executive Director.
CDRC is Seeking an Audacious. Results-Oriented. Visionary. Bold Director.
Seeking Executive Director for the Cumberland Disaster Recovery Coalition (CDRC), to be responsible, through collaboration with the CDRC Board, Agencies, and the community, for effective operational management of the CDRC. The Executive Director is responsible for the successful achievement of corporate goals and oversees the mission to assess unmet needs and provide Cumberland County residents access, coordination, and education of available resources in a long-term (federally declared) disaster recovery.
Ideal candidates will have an undergraduate degree, preferably Master’s degree in business, non-profit or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidates should also have senior management experience, a proven ability to anticipate, plan, design or respond effectively to opportunities to enhance the CDRC’s success.
This role requires outstanding presentation, written and oral communications skills as well as demonstrated interpersonal effectiveness. This includes the ability to interact effectively with a broad range of – colleagues, subordinates, members, partners, government officials, donors, among others – on behalf of the CDRC.
To be considered, a candidate must be capable of managing complex programs and functions while effectively leveraging new and existing relationships. Those with proven experience introducing and facilitating change, as well as operating a constantly changing environment will be strongly considered. Sound understanding and appreciation of fiscal responsibility and internal controls is a must. Understanding of grant and accountability processes will also be helpful.
By developing collaborations, engaging the community, and applying private and public resources to important projects and initiatives, CDRC is making a critical decision to ensure that Cumberland County residents adapt and flourish following a disaster.
- Provide management and strategic leadership of organizational operating budget.
- Work in partnership with the Board of Directors and the organization’s volunteers
- Relationship building with partnering organizations, government, current and potential donors and the community at large
The Executive Director will report directly to the Board and will be responsible for the successful leadership and management of the CDRC according to the Vision and Mission set by the Board of Directors, and for ensuring compliance with Board Policies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of the Executive Director
- Oversee program delivery and ensure that the program provides participants with a stimulating and meaningful experience
- Generate a highly positive image of CDRC as an innovative and dynamic program in the Community.
- As the public face for CDRC, maintain a good relationship with CDRC Board of Directors, Community Partners, and Volunteers.
Operational planning and management
- Work effectively to attain program goals,
- Model and ensure compliance with CDRC’s Vision and Mission
- Receive and acknowledge new Participant applications. Set up interviews for potential Participants from waiting list. Interview would include Participant, Parent, Board Member and Executive Director.
Program planning and management
- Monitor the ongoing success of the program by being present and engaged with the Participants on a daily/regular basis
- Provide effective and high quality support to staff and community.
- Facilitate and supervise end of day meetings with Staff to debrief and discuss day’s events, etc. highs, lows.
- Facilitate and supervise regular Staff meetings.
- Work effectively as a Team, ensuring that Staff has adequate direction and support.
- Oversee the planning, implementation, and execution of special projects
Human resources planning and management
- Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations.
- Implement a performance management process for all Staff, which includes monitoring the performance of Staff on an ongoing basis and conducting an annual performance review liaising with appointed Board Member.
- Coach and mentor Staff as appropriate to improve performance.
Financial planning and management
- Devise program budgets and ensure program budget is adhered to throughout fiscal year.
- Ensure that sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed.
- Keep accurate accounts of time sheets, petty cash, etc. as requested by Bookkeeper
- Receive and document Staff sick days, appointments and other time off.
- Monitor budget and necessary spending for program activities and operational needs
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with Community groups and other Organizations to help achieve the goals of the CDRC
- This is a one year position. It is renewable if both funds are raised to support it and the disaster recovery needs still require it.
- The official position description is here for your reference. Position Description
- Full Benefits available
- This position is created in partnership with Church World Service, Inc (www.CWSGlobal.org). CWS is acting as the fiscal agent and providing the benefits package and other assistance.
For fullest consideration, submit your resume, supporting materials and a cover letter addressing your experience and qualifications to:
Adobe (PDF) attachments are preferred
Or mail your information to
CDRC Executive Director Search Committee
PO Box 87902
Fayetteville, NC 28304
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but interested individuals are encouraged to apply immediately with a initial deadline of Monday, June 5, 2017.
This position was posted here May 18, 2017.
- Advertisement to run in the Fayetteville Observer Sundays, May 21 & 28, 2017
- Listed 14 days in Monster.com.
- It will also be published in Facebook (starting 5/22) on the CDRC-NC facebook page.
- An announcement will also be emailed to the contact list of CDRC-NC coalition partners.
- Other venues may also be used to announce this position and seek applicants. Backdoor.com, Craigslist of Fayetteville